The Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI®)
The HBDI® is powerful psychometric assessment that defines and describes the way you think and process information. It gives you insight into how you “see” the world, and why you value certain kinds of information over others. With more than 2 million profiles completed, and over 35 years of research and innovation into how people think, the HBDI® is a valid, reliable measure of human mental preferences - or thinking preferences. The awareness of one’s own thinking preferences, and the thinking preferences of others, combined with the ability to act outside of one’s thinking preferences is known as “Whole Brain® Thinking.”
The Whole Brain® Thinking System
The HBDI® assessment and the Whole Brain® Thinking System gives individuals, teams, and organizations the data, skills and tools to increase their thinking agility so they can achieve exponentially higher levels of performance. As a foundation for behaviour change, resource optimization, and improved performance, it is helping many of the world’s most successful leaders and organizations leverage the connection between thinking and performance in order to:
- Align culture and increase collaboration to drive innovation and revenue
- Increase productivity and engagement
- Improve communication, problem solving, and decision making
- Attract, develop, and retain talent
- Build strong customer relationships for increased sales and customer satisfaction
- “See around corners” to make sure all your plans are the best laid plans
Applications of the HBDI® and The Whole Brain® Thinking System
The HBDI® Individual Profile and Report
After completing the assessment, a comprehensive HBDI® profile and report is generated that includes an in-depth interpretation of the results, reference material about the Whole Brain® Model, comparison data, and activities for further exploration and development. Our Certified HBDI® Practitioners/Coaches work with you to "debrief" the results and develop a strategy to leverage and implement the learning.
The HBDI® Pair Profile and Report
The HBDI® Pair Profile provides an in-depth analysis of two people and their thinking preferences, comparing and contrasting their individual HBDI® Profiles and creating new opportunities for application and impact. By identifying potential areas of synergy and conflict (under everyday/normal conditions and when they’re under pressure), the report delivers invaluable data that will help any two people prepare for successful interactions and maintain productive relationships. Our Certified HBDI® Practitioners/Coaches work with the pair of you (either together or separately or both) to "debrief" the results and develop a strategy to leverage and implement the learning.
The HBDI® Team Profile and Report
The HBDI® Team Profile is a powerful tool for improving group interactions, processes and results. With 13 reports and a variety of data sets to explore, compare and contrast, the Team Profile takes a deep dive into the team’s composite thinking preference data. Members gain a new perspective on how to recognize, access and apply their individual and collective strengths to reach desired results.
The Whole Brain® Team Dashboard
The Whole Brain® Team Dashboard is a quick diagnostic that generates powerful discussion and practical impact by helping your teams evaluate what they are focusing on and what they may be missing, all from a Whole Brain® perspective:
- 10-minute, 37-question diagnostic evaluating the team’s operational state
- Reveals individual perspectives about the team’s focus in each of four Whole Brain® areas that contribute to team effectiveness
- Allows you to quickly evaluate and analyze team members’ perceptions
- Accompanying workshop, facilitated by an HBDI® Practitioner, provides opportunity to discuss results
- Can be repeated throughout the team-building process to uncover and compare shifts in team focus
This an excellent team diagnostic that can be used after team members have completed their individual HBDI® Profiles. With the ability to explore future opportunities and the implications of the tasks the team will need to carry out going forward, it’s a perfect tool for making sure everyone is geared up and ready for what’s ahead.
Whole Brain® Learning Programs (Organizational Development Workshops)
Our Whole Brain® Learning Programs are flexible and modular by design, providing an elegant and actionable framework to tackle complex business challenges. Each module includes interactive activities, configured to your specific needs, to increase learning and retention, discussion prompts to engage learners, and action plans to promote immediate application.
- Start Thinking: An Introduction to Whole Brain® Thinking and Its Business Applications
- Think About Teams
- Think About Communicating
- Think About Problem Solving
- Think About Decision Making
- Think About Creative Thinking
- Think About Your Customers